Hosted this year by Mel @ The Daily Prophecy, the purpose of this challenge is to read fairytale retellings. I absolutely love fairytale retellings so when I saw this challenge I knew it was definitely one I needed to take part in!
Here are the details:
- The challenge runs from January 1st – December 31st 2015.
- The goal is to read fairytale retellings, but if you want you can also pick other retellings. It’s up to you what you count as a fairytale. Here are a couple of books you can pick from: my bookshelf with fairytale retellings and Fairytale lists on Listopia. You can read Middle Grade, Young Adult and Adult books for this challenge. Obviously, the book doesn’t have to be published in 2015 and re-reads count.
- There are 6 different levels you can aim for:
- Prince Charming: 1 – 4 books.
- Magic mirror: 5 – 9 books.
- Big bad wolf: 10 – 15 books.
- The wise princess: 16 – 20 books.
- Wicked fairy Godmother: 21 – 25 books.
- Bluebeard: you are killing it! 26+ books.
- Every beginning of the month I will make a link-up post where you put all your reviews in and they will have fun/informative introductions.
- It’s not a promise, but there might be challenges.
- Most important thing: HAVE FUN and spread the word 🙂 Let’s tweet with: #fairytaleRC
This challenge looks like so much fun! I am aiming for magic mirror level but hopefully I will be able to read even more. I don’t want to set the goal too high though (because that’s what really did me in on my 2014 challenges).
I do not have a definitive list of books as yet but here are some of the books I am considering:
This will be fun!
bye for now!