gifts, gifts, gifts!
I really enjoyed compiling my last two bookish gifts posts and I got some incredibly positive feedback from you guys. Thanks so much for checking out my post but more importantly for checking out the shops featured – I feel really strongly about supporting small businesses and I was pleased to see so many people loving these awesome items. 🙂
With that in mind, I would like to turn my eye to some awesome peeps who have designed and created some absolutely stunning bookish jewellery. I ADORE bookish jewellery and I know for sure that I would love to receive some as a gift, whether for Christmas, birthday, or just even for no reason at all! 😉
Here are a few of my favourite shops that I have discovered recently:
- Winged Steampunk Choker: This piece is a cross between steampunk and Harry Potter – isn’t it gorgeous? I absolutely love this design (particularly the fact that it is a loose fit – I am not overly fond of over-tight chokers).
- Clockwork Hallows Necklace: I have actually had my eye on this necklace for a while. I love Kirsty’s designs that have vintage watch pieces incorporated and the deathly hallows symbol is always a plus for any Potter-fan! It is available in a range of Swarovski crystal colours but I am partial to the Ravenclaw colours myself. 😉
- Golden Winged Wish Box Necklace: This piece of jewellery is very reminiscent of the golden snitch – I absolutely love this design and the fact that is you can store little items inside (the box opens).
- You’re Late for Tea Necklace: I always love Alice-inspired jewellery and this is a really lovely little clock face design – it’s so pretty and delicate!
- Clary Charm Bracelet: This is, of course, inspire by Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments series (and is named after the main character Clary). I adore charm bracelets and this one is just lovely.
- My Sun and Stars, Moon of my Life Matching Pendants: These matching pendants are just the ticket for any Game of Thrones fan (and Daenerys and Drogo fan, *sniff*) – they fit together perfectly too!
- Birdcage Necklace: Inspired by Jane Eyre, this pretty little necklace really is a cute little touch. I bought this one myself and really love the simplicity of the design. It’s perfect. 🙂
- Dainty Clockwork Key Pendant: I also had to buy this (well, not me my other half has bought me it and it has actually been put away for Christmas). It is absolutely stunning, I went with the Ruby Swarovski crystals as pictured above and the photo does not do the necklace justice (yes, I peeked). 😛
- Merbabe Bracelet: Not strictly related to any particular book but you will feel like a mermaid in this gorgeous bracelet, which also comes in eight different colours). I went with Turquoise myself and I love it! There is an entire range of different pieces including bracelets, rings, necklaces and chokers.
- Mad Hatter’s Tea Party Charm Bracelet: Another Alice-inspired piece, I actually bought myself this bracelet too and it is a really stunning, perfect for any Alice fans out there!
- Harry Potter Inspired Platform Nine & Three Quarters Ticket In Envelope Necklace: I love this pretty little necklace and it is definitely very original – I so want to buy this for myself!
- Disney’s Beauty and the Beast Inspired Rose Necklace: Tale as old as time, true as it can be… ahem, sorry, got a little carried away with myself there! This necklace is absolutely beautiful – perfect for any fans of the film and the fairy tale alike!
- Violet and Finch ‘All the Bright Places’ Inspired Necklace: Now, I haven’t actually read this book yet (dodges all the laser pistols being fired my way) but this pendant is just so gorgeous that I want to buy it anyway (and it makes me want to read the book).
- A Court of Thorns and Roses Inspired Brooch: I loved this book when I read it earlier this year so this brooch immediately caught my eye (there is also a Throne of Glass design available).
- Harry Potter Inspired Luna Lovegood Nargles Necklace With Glasses Charm: I actually bought this a few days ago and it came today! It is super-pretty and I absolutely love it! It would be perfect for any Luna Lovegood fan. 🙂
- The Hobbit Inspired Door Necklace With A Quaint Key Charm: I almost went with this one though (almost!) – I just love this cute little Hobbit door!
- The Infernal Devices Inspired Bronze Cog Key Necklace: This key necklace is so ornate and intricate! I love the design – I am definitely thinking about picking this one up!
- Throne Of Glass Celaena Sardothien Inspired Sword Necklace: I think this is a really awesome piece of bookish jewellery – perfect for Throne of Glass fans!
- The Mortal Instruments Inspired Charm Bracelet: I love the design of this charm bracelet and it perfectly captures the spirit of the books. 🙂
- Disney Peter Pan Inspired Silhouette Rose Stud Earrings: These are so cute! OMG I totally want to buy them! I was a huge Peter Pan fan when I was younger and this just brings back lots of fond memories. A definite must-buy. 😀
- The Chronicles of Narnia with Lion Charm: How adorable is this little Narnia book necklace and the little Aslan charm? I grew up on Narnia so I definitely would love to own this little beauty!
- Anne Of Green Gables with Tiny Flower Charm: I always related to Anne Shirley (Anne with an ‘e’) and loved both the books and the mini series starring Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie (I am still not over his untimely death). This necklace is just perfection.
- Pride And Prejudice with Large Key Charm: This is just stunning! I am a big fan of P&P (hello there, Mr Darcy!) so this necklace is just calling to me!
- The Great Gatsby with Tiny Heart Charm: This is beautiful. I have always really loved this Gatsby cover and it makes a perfect little bookish necklace design too.
- Alice In Wonderland With Tiny Heart Charm: Another Alice-inspired piece that has caught my eye. I love the fact that is uses the John Tenniel illustration. 🙂
- The Secret Of The Old Clock – Nancy Drew Mystery – with Lock and Key Charms: This is so cute!! I really love the novelty of a Nancy Drew mystery book necklace. I would love to own this.
- Game Of Thrones Map – Glass Pendant: This can be either a necklace or key chain. Isn’t that cool? I am a huge fan of the books and the series so I noticed this right away.
- Anna And The French Kiss with Tiny Eiffel Tower Charm: How cute is the little Eiffel tower charm? I am a huge fan of this series so this necklace is definitely for me!
- Fangirl with Tiny Heart Charm: Fangirl is one of my favourite contemporaries so this necklace is one that I really love. It would be perfect. 🙂
- To Kill A Mockingbird – Black and White – Glass Pendant: Again, this can be either a necklace of key chain. To Kill a Mockingbird is such a classic – this would be a perfect literary gift for your resident bookworm!
Okay, I’ve hardly even made a dent in featuring some of my favourite bookish jewellery shops. There are so many awesomely talented people out there – I can’t even. I will be returning soon with more gift ideas – watch this space!! 😉
The photos above are the property of the store owners and used by permission.
I claim no ownership of the images used.