gifts, gifts, gifts!
Apart from the obvious (books, books, books!) there are many other gifts that we book-lovers would love to receive in our Christmas stockings, or for any other special occasions.
One thing I know I love getting as a gift is a bookmark. You cannot really go far wrong with this, though I suppose you could get one relating to a book series they don’t much care for but I would imagine that if you have a book-lover in your life they will be VERY vocal about the books they love, so you should know by this point what they like and don’t like, amirite?
A reader can never have too many bookmarks. I have amassed a fairly large collection myself but I am always on the lookout for new ones to add to my ever-growing stockpile. 😉
Here are some shops that sell really awesome bookmarks that I totally covet:
- Rattle The Stars: I own this bookmark and I can attest that it is absolutely stunning! The illustration is gorgeous. I haven’t actually read the Throne of Glass series yet (to my utter and everlasting shame) but at least I will have the perfect book mark to use when I do read it!
- Heir of Fire: I love the stunning simplicity of this bookmark. It really is lovely.
- Rattle The Stars (Manon Edition): I love, love, love the colours used on this bookmark. It really is eye-catching.
- The Darkling and The Sun Summoner: It’s the Darkling *flails* – I love the Darkling! I haven’t finished reading this series (yet) but you can bet I want this book mark in my collection. 🙂
- She Would Rise: I do however, own this bookmark. 😉 I bought it the same time as the Rattle the Stars one above and it certainly is stunning.
- Gandalf: I am a huge fan of The Lord of the Rings so this bookmark is calling to me! I love it.
- Blood of The Dragon: I love me some Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire so this beauty caught my eye right away. It’s so pretty!
- Winter Is Coming: This bookmark is very apropos! I just love this design – it’s so simple yet elegant.
- Tyrion’s Shadow: Everyone’s favourite dwarf! I really want to buy this.
- Valar Morghulis: Who could forget about Arya? Everyone’s favourite little budding-assassin. This bookmark is just so cool. 🙂
- Fire Breathing Bitch Queen: I love Crini’s work. I have bought quite a few of her designs and been absolutely over the moon with them. This was one I have purchased recently and it really is amazing. I love the texture of the paper too!
- Mockingjay: Any Hunger Games fans would be itching to get their hands on one of these beauties. I know I couldn’t resist. I was hard-pressed to pick one of the three designs but eventually went the third one pictured above. They are all stunning though.
- Arbores Loqui Latine: I am always going to be hooked in by any reference to one of my favourite series, The Raven Cycle by Maggie Stiefvater. I think this one may be my favourite (maybe!)
- Harry Potter: Marauder’s Map: I love this! I am a huge Harry Potter nerd so this bookmark is definitely one that appeals to me.
- Crows: Inspired by Leigh Bardugo’s Six of Crows, this is a simply stunning piece of work. I really love the colours – they offset the design so well.
- I am Ruination: Another design inspired by Leigh Bardugo’s Grisha trilogy. I had to buy this when I saw it – it’s just perfect.
- Hashtag: I love this design. You can choose which message you would like for your bookmark (including the #bookstagram and #currentlyreading ones pictured). I love that you can choose your own message – it’s just a nice little feature.
- Owl: Aww look at the cute lil’ fella! I love owl designs and this one is just too adorable for words! I already have this one in my collection because it was just way too cute to pass up.
- Fell Asleep Here: I love this! It’s just such a bold design and the message made me chortle too!
- I Ship It: This is such a clever design. I really love the little ship graphic and as a long-time shipper (especially with book couples) it is an absolutely appropriate bookmark for me.
- To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: These bookmarks are soooo cute! I haven’t read this book yet but I really want to get my hands on one of these book marks for when I do!
- Paper Towns: I love this bookmark – I haven’t read Paper Towns (I know, shocker right?) but I really want this.
- Fangirl: Fangirl is one of my favourite contemporaries so this bookmark instantly caught my eye. It is just so pretty and really captures the spirit of the book, I think. 🙂
- My True Love Gave to Me: A very Christmas-themed bookmark. I really love the design and the colours perfectly match the book. Very nice!
- Anna, Lola and Isla: I love this series and I think these bookmarks are absolutely fabulous! I love all the little embellishments too.
- Throne of Glass: This really is a popular theme for bookmarks. I really think I need to get to this series as soon as possible. These bookmarks are totally cute and would make a nice addition to my collection. I love the map design!
- Harry Potter Marauder Map: A popular choice for bookmarks but I really like the design on this. It has a similar feel to the Throne of Glass one above which I also really like.
- The Daily Prophet: Oooh, I like this one! I love the newspaper design on this.
- Harry Potter Quidditch Team: I love, love, love these bookmarks! You can choose one of the four designs (or all of them if you are so inclined). According to the Sorting Hat quiz I am a Ravenclaw but I don’t recall them being very good at Quidditch so I may have to switch my allegiance lol. 😉
- Harry Potter Potions Book: I really like this one too. You really cannot go wrong with a Harry Potter themed bookmark!
I started this post knowing it was going to be a series (because there are just so many amazing book-related items out there) but I honestly thought I would be able to get all my favourite shops specialising in bookmarks in the one post!
There are plenty other awesome shops out there so I think I will be revisiting bookmark-makers (heh!) again in the future. I am hoping to run this feature right up until Christmas though I am not sure as yet how regularly I will be posting.
Stay tuned for more bookish gift ideas for all those book-loving types out there!
The photos above are the property of the store owners and used by permission.
I claim no ownership of the images used.