A while back, I took the Myers-Briggs personality test (see my post here) which showed that I am an INFP (which stands for introversion, intuition, feeling, perception). I…really cannot disagree with that result. I decided (upon seeing a few posts about this on other blogs) to revisit the test to see if I get the same result…and I did!
Looks like I am well and truly and INFP! But the fun doesn’t stop there. I first saw this on Engie’s blog Musings From Neville’s Navel but it has cropped up on several other blogs I follow (and love!) such as The Notebook Sisters, The Bumbling Bookworm and For the Love of the Page. Basically what you do here is take the test and then head over to TV Tropes to find out which characters you are most like. It looked like so much fun I just had to hop onboard the train and try this!
Here is the definition of an INFP from the TV Tropes page:
Here are some of the characters I am similar to:
- Anne Shirley from Anne of Green Gables
- Mary Anne from The Babysitters Club
- Leonard Hofstadter from The Big Bang Theory
- Angel from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Chuck Bartowski from Chuck
- Lucy Pevensie from The Chronicles of Narnia
- Merrill from Dragon Age II
- Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI
- The Mother from How I Met Your Mother
- Frodo from The Lord of the Rings
- Angela from My So-Called Life
- Marianne Dashwood from Sense and Sensibility
- Kira Nerys from Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
- Deanna Troi from Star Trek: The Next Generation
- Luke Skywalker from Star Wars
- Scout Finch from To Kill a Mockingbird
Some of these characters are a complete WTF? for me (I would never have pegged myself as a Marianne Dashwood type or Kira Nerys from DS9 – as much as I lover her!) but most of these are pretty much on the nail. I was very happy to get Anne Shirley and Lucy Pevensie (yay!) and I can sort of see myself a bit like the Mother from How I Met Your Mother and Angela from My So-Called Life (I can be way too introspective).
I am a little awkward like Leonard Hofstadter and I am a bit of a nerd like both him and Chuck Bartowski. And yes, I have been accused of being too idealistic like Frodo Baggins and Luke Skywalker. Overall, I am pretty pleased with the results. 😀