Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Ten Books That Made Me Laugh
This was perhaps the hardest ever TTT for me – books that made me laugh? I generally tend to prefer books that are on the serious side (I like angst y’all) so I really had to wrack my brain to try and find ten books that made me laugh (or even just smile). Still, I’ve done my best!
1. Adorkable by Sarra Manning: This book made me laugh – I always appreciate a snarky main character!
2. Know Not Why by Hannah Johnson: This book is seriously laugh-out-loud funny – so many quirky and endearing characters, I could read about their exploits all day.
3. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins: I do appreciate a guy with a sense of humour and Étienne St. Clair has all that and more.
4. Fan Art by Sarah Tregay: The humour is strong with this one – a thoroughly heart-warming and funny read.
5. Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli: Simon is an absolute hoot – I adore his character so much.
6. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell: Cath is such a nerd but I really love her to bits. A sweetly romantic story that just makes me smile.
7. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park: Plenty of humour amidst the tragedy. This book makes me laugh AND cry and sometimes those are the best reads of all.
8. The Summer I Became a Nerd by Leah Rae Miller: So much nerdy-goodness, I smile just thinking about it.
9. Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan: All the books in this series are delightfully witty – Ms Brennan really knows how to inject a lot laughs.
10. How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J.C. Lillis: This book is just perfect – the funny is never too far away and the story is just wonderful.