I have recently really gotten into reading more diverse books so I knew for this topic I wanted to list my favourite LGBT couples. One of my favourite aspects in novels that I read, regardless of genre, is romance (as long as it is well written and please for the love of all things – no effing love triangles!) I adore a well-written romance and particularly enjoy it in LGBT novels. I love to ‘ship’ as much as the next (fan)girl and there are some couples that just really stand out for me. Please note this list includes Adult, Young Adult and New Adult titles!
Here is a list of my top LGBT couples:
1. Vincent and Adam from Kelley York’s Suicide Watch – This was my top read of 2013 for many reasons, not least the really sweet romance that springs up between these two vulnerable and lost boys.
2. Kai and Jamie from Mia Kerick’s Intervention – I loved the way Kai reached out to the damaged Jamie through his music.
3. Howie and Arthur from Hannah Johnson’s Know Not Why – The two of them were just so cute! Howie is such a goofball and Arthur is so serious – the pair make a beautifully dysfunctional couple!
4. Alex and Sebastian from Sara Alva’s Silent – Alex is such a relatable character and I just wanted to wrap Sebastian up in a great big hug!
5. Skylar and Rafael from Rose Christo’s Gives Light – Nothing I could say could do these characters justice. Their romance was just truly epic.
6. Craig and Lio from Hannah Moskowitz’s Gone, Gone, Gone – Craig and Lio are just adorable!
7. Ari and Dante from Benjamin Alire Sáenz‘s Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe – What can I say, Ari and Dante may just be my new OTP (now if Fitz and the Fool ever happen…that may change!) 😛
8. Aaron and Spencer from J. P. Barnaby’s Aaron – Poor broken Aaron but at least he has the wonderfully understanding Spencer in his corner!
9. Adam and Miles from Rowan Speedwell’s Illumination – Adam was a great character but Miles just stole my heart completely! Loved them together.
10. Brady and Cameron from Lisa Henry’s Dark Space – Their bond was pretty messed up but they made such a sweet couple!