Wow, January went by reeeaaally quickly!! I actually can’t believe it’s February already (although I am glad – January is a pretty sucky month at the best of times). I managed to pick myself up after a rather long-term reading slump (about six months!) and although I did not read a ton of books, I feel like I am starting to get a bit more on track.
Oh yeah, and I made the move to self-hosted! I am pretty excited about this still, even though it has been a lot of work (and still is – a lot of my posts need re-formatted and I am gradually working my way through them). I had to drop out of the blogosphere for about a week and I missed everyone like crazy but I am pretty much back to my regular posting schedule (well, as much of a schedule as I get!) as of this last week.
I haven’t actually done a round-up post for a few months. I wanted to kind-of change it up a bit but wasn’t sure which direction I really wanted to go in. I have just decided to write what I feel like and not get too bogged down in the particulars!
I also managed to read 4 books in January! That isn’t a lot by regular standards but considering I was lucky to get through 1 or 2 the last couple of months, I feel pretty good about this!
Here are the books I read in January:
I also have been catching up on my TV shows – which is something of a relief since I have so many box sets lying around! I started watching The Missing – only 2 episodes in so far but it is pretty harrowing stuff. I also bought Broadchurch and I am really looking forward to starting that (David Tennant is awesome – that is all)!
I also started watching Agent Carter – and it is bloody fantastic! Hayley Atwell is awesome in the role of Peggy Carter and it has been great seeing Howard Stark as well. So far though, my favourite character is Edwin Jarvis! He is just so quintessentially British (and I have always rather liked James D’Arcy who plays him). It is wrong that I am kind-of shipping him and Peggy together? I know he has a wife but she hasn’t been seen onscreen yet so it is hard to care about her just yet!
What else? Oh, I bought a couple of really pretty bookish pendants from Cara’s Bookish Charms (check out her Etsy shop here). They haven’t arrived yet but they have been posted and I am really excited for them!
I was so busy setting up the new blog, I didn’t get through that many books for the challenges I signed up for. I really need to pick up the pace in February.
I did manage to get one read for the Flights of Fantasy reading challenge, hosted by Alexa Loves Books and Hello, Chelly, which was The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski. See my review here. I also sneakily included it the Pop Sugar 2015 Reading Challenge (under a book by an author you’ve never read before). The way I see it, this challenge asks for you to read 52 (really 54) books – I only plan to read approximately 60 so I would be screwed if I didn’t double up! 😉
Here are the posts I wrote in January:
- [1 Jan] 2015 Re-Read Challenge – sign up!
- [3 Jan] Stacking the Shelves #49
- [6 Jan] Top Ten Most Anticipated Debut Novels For 2015
- [7 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday: Fool’s Quest
- [8 Jan] 2015 Flights of Fantasy Reading Challenge – sign up!
- [8 Jan] 2015 Debut Author Challenge – sign up!
- [8 Jan] 2015 Reading Challenge – sign up!
- [10 Jan] Stacking the Shelves #50
- [11 Jan] Brin’s Book Buzz: January 2015 Releases
- [11 Jan] Beautiful Blogger Award
- [13 Jan] Top Ten 2014 Releases I Meant To Read But Didn’t Get To
- [14 Jan] WWW Wednesdays: Week 30
- [14 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday: The Summer of Chasing Mermaids
- [16 Jan] Read Play Blog #7
- [17 Jan] Stacking the Shelves #51
- [18 Jan] The Gif Tag
- [25 Jan] Hello and welcome to the new blog!
- [27 Jan] Ten Books I’d Love to Read If I Had A YA Book Club
- [28 Jan] Waiting on Wednesday: Carry On
- [31 Jan] Stacking the Shelves #52 & #53