Erin over at I Think I’m Obsessed just nominated me for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award! I was totally surprised but extremely happy to be nominated. Big thanks to Erin (go and check out her blog if you haven’t already – for it is awesome).
Here are the rules:
Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
Put the award logo on your blog.
Answer the ten questions they’ve set you.
Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
Nominate ten people.
Here are the questions Erin set for her nominees:
1. What is one book that helped shape you into who you are today?
Hmm…I would have to go with The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien – it’s the book that really got me into reading the fantasy genre and even though I have eclectic tastes in books, fantasy is still my favourite.
2. Which colour is the new black?
I’m rather fond of purple myself. 😉
3. Would you rather be caught in a sharknado or a beeclipse (an eclipse… with bees)? Why?
Erm, probably a beeclipse if I really had to choose because watching Jaws scared me off sharks for life and bees are at least kinda cute (if it was wasps totally different story – I hate wasps)!
4. If you could be any celebrity for a day (alive or dead), who would you choose to be? Why?
I would probably have to go with Natalie Portman. Not only is she stunning (and I would love to look stunning for a day) she gets to star in Thor with Chris Hemsworth (hot!) and Tom Hiddleston (even hotter!) – what I wouldn’t give to be in her shoes for a day!
5. What musician/band(s) have you been listening to lately?
I have been listening to Tegan and Sara a lot lately. Plus going a bit old school indie with The Stone Roses, The Smiths, The Charlatans etc.
6. Cake or pie?
Most definitely cake – I am addicted to sponge!
7. Would you rather live in a dystopia or utopia?
This is going to make me sound strange but I would much rather live in a dystopia – sure utopia sounds good in theory but it would be so boring (and if literature has taught me anything, it is that there is always something nefarious going on behind that super-shiny façade)!
8. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do, but never done?
I would love to travel the world. It would be great to shuck off all responsibility and just see where the path leads me.
9. Which fictional hero/heroine do you most identify with?
Lucy Pevensie from The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe by C.S. Lewis. She was a mixture of curious and naive and I really related to her as a young reader.
10. What TV show(s) are you a fan of at the moment?
To name just a few: Game of Thrones; Outlander; Sherlock; The Big Bang Theory; Once Upon a Time; and The Walking Dead.
Here are the questions for my nominees:
1. Who is your favourite Disney villain?
2. Tea or coffee drinker?
3. What animal would be your spirit animal?
4. What are your favourite TV shows?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. What is your favourite childhood book?
7. Would you prefer to have the ability to fly or the ability to turn invisible?
8. What’s your favourite song at the moment?
9. In the event of a Zombie Apocalypse, what would be your weapon of choice?
10. What was the last movie you saw at the cinema?
Here are the blogs I am nominating:
Alicia @ A Kernel of Nonsense
Andie @ The Book Heap
Courtney & Allie @ Abibliophobic Tendencies
Kim @ Kimberlyfaye Reads
GenGen @ GenGen’s Book Blog
Stephanie @ Stephanie’s Book Reviews
April @ A Well Read Woman
Abbe @ A Lot Like Dreaming
Anna @ Anna’s Reading List
No one is any under obligation to take part or accept this award – just wanted to let you know how much I love all of your blogs!