Thanks to Lauren @ Always Me for tagging me for the Christmas Carol Book Tag. I have been trying to catch up on my tags and this seemed like the perfect way to get me in the festive spirit. For this tag I will be answering questions inspired by famous Christmas songs. This should be fun!
1. You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch – Name a villainous character you can’t help but love to hate?
I love hating on Javier Bernal from Karina Halle’s The Artist Trilogy. He is so clearly the villain of the piece but he is definitely a sexy (albeit sleazy) one. I enjoy the character but in the way that I love to hate his guts!! I am fascinated by him but repulsed in equal measure. Never has a character brought out such conflicting emotions in me. 😉
2. All I Want For Christmas Is You – What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
LOL, I already know what I am getting book-wise for Christmas this year but that doesn’t make me any less excited! The one I am probably looking forward to most is Dreamer’s Pool by Juliet Marillier. 🙂
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer – Name a favourite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favourite?
Adrian Ivashkov from the Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series. He is a spirit user which makes him incredibly vulnerable to bouts of melancholy and madness. He used to drink to numb the effects of his abilities but since getting involved with Sydney he is really starting to get his shit together. Adrian is funny, sweet, and vulnerable – not to mention incredibly loyal. He has overcome a lot of his weaknesses but I love him most because he owns his faults.
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town – Which characters do you think are at the top of Santa’s “nice” and “naughty” list?
Magnus from the Falling Kingdoms series would definitely top my naughty list (but I still love him!) and Ronan Lynch from the Raven Cycle series would definitely be right up there too! As for nice… this is a bit harder to think of but I would go with Peeta Mellark from the Hunger Games series and Michael Merrick from the Elemental series too (that boy is a saint).
5. Frosty the Snowman – What book just melts your heart?
I tend to like my books with a heavy dollop of angst so this is actually quite a tough question… though when I think about it the answer seems obvious really – Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe. I adore that book and just want to give the main characters Ari and Dante massive hugs and tell them everything will be alright!
6. Feliz Navidad – Your favourite book that takes place in a country other than your own?
That is a lot of books since I live in the UK and most of what I read is set in America! Well, I will go with Jellicoe Road (Australia) just to make it interesting! 😛
7. It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year – What book do you read to get in the Christmas spirit?
Hmm, got to go with The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe – one of my favourite books growing up. It still holds a special place in my heart and always makes me feel Christmassy!
8. Sleigh Ride – What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
Fitz and the Fool from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series (technically set in another world but I could persuade them to celebrate Christmas I bet). Either them or Ari and Dante again – love those two!
9. Baby It’s Cold Outside – What book do you hate so much you’d sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
Heh, this is a harsh question (and I love it!) I would have to go with Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I could not get into this book at all and the main character is just a vapid twit (don’t even get me started on the love interest!). 😉
10. Do You Hear What I Hear? – What book would you recommend to everyone?
The Raven Boys (also The Dream Thieves and Blue Lily, Lily Blue) by Maggie Stiefvater. This woman owns my soul – and the Raven Cycle series is an absolute joy to read and I would recommend it to anyone!
Everyone who wants to take part!!
bye for now!