I have just been nominated for a Liebster Blog Award by Tiffany @ Beneath the Jacket Reviews! The Award is designed as an opportunity for smaller blogs to get some love and recognition, and I was very happy to have been nominated – it really cheered me up at the end of a really bad day! Thanks so much to Tiffany for the nomination.
Here are the rules:
- List 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
- Ask 11 new questions to 9 bloggers with less than 200 followers. You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.
- Go to their blog and tell them that they have been nominated!
11 Facts about Me:
- I have weird eating habits. I do not like mixing foods at all.
- My star sign is cancer.
- I am extremely clumsy (I never seemed to outgrow having skinned knees).
- I love 80s teen movies.
- I had all my wisdom teeth by the age of 14. I got them removed at 19.
- I am a night owl. I can usually be found still sitting up into the wee hours with a book (or lately my kindle!) in my hands.
- I love buying scarves.
- I am petrified of daddy longlegs. I will literally run screaming from a room if there are any in there.
- I enjoy playing RPGs especially games like Dragon Age, Mass Effect, Fallout, and Skyrim. My blog name is actually derived from a character I played in my all-time favourite RPG Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.
- I read my favourite book The Lord of the Rings when I was 9 years old and it really shaped my reading preferences. Fantasy is still my go-to genre even though I enjoy reading many different types of books.
- I am a big fan of Tegan and Sara and have seen them 3 times in concert.
11 Questions from Tiffany:
- If you could be a book character, who would you be?
- Which country would you most like to visit?
- Is there a book you have read that you could not stand?
- What about blogging do you find the most challenging?
- Who is your favourite author?
- Favorite book character ever?
- Do you have any pets? If not, would you ever want one?
- What do you do in your spare time other than blogging?
- What is your favourite movie?
- When was the last time you stepped out of your comfort zone?
- What is your current occupation?
- I would really love to be Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I love her – she is so smart and has a great group of friends.
- I have always wanted to go to Rome (Italy). Someday I might get there!
- I really didn’t like Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I was seduced by the really pretty cover but I really didn’t connect to the characters at all.
- I am starting to get more into the swing of it now, but I really used to struggle trying to post on a regular basis. Sometimes I just seem to be quite uninspired and that can be hard to shake when it gets a grip on you.
- I have so many but overall I would probably have to go with Robin Hobb.
- That’s an easy one – the Fool from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series.
- No pets unfortunately. I would love to have one but my fiancé is allergic to anything with fur so that rules out cats, dogs, rabbits – the cuddly ones basically. I am a little bit nervous of reptiles so that is a no-go and fish seem to be quite a lot of work.
- I am a total movie addict so I spend a lot of time going to the cinema. I am also a bit of a shopaholic (especially for books). I enjoy socialising with my friends but I also really just love getting cozied up in the house.
- I actually have two and it is so hard to choose so I am just going to list them both: Dead Poets Society and The Thing (the John Carpenter version).
- I had to deliver a presentation at work which was really nerve-racking for me because I am really shy and hate people looking at me. I was proud of myself that I managed to do it though.
- I work in Administration – really boring but it pays the bills!
11 Questions from Me:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What would your superhero power be?
- Who would you like to play you in a movie about your life?
- What is your favourite book?
- Who is your fictional hero?
- Who is your favourite band/singer?
- Have you ever done something really daring (like sky-diving, bungee-jumping etc.)?
- What is your favourite television series?
- What is your biggest pet peeve?
- What is your favourite colour?
- Do you have a celebrity crush?
- Abbe @ A Lot Like Dreaming
- Amy @ Ode to Jo & Katniss
- Liberty @ Liberty Falls Down
- River & Sam @ Cherry Blossoms & Maple Syrup
- Christine @ The Moonlight Reader
- Brianna @ Brianna’s Bookish Confessions
- Patty @ ImaginativeMinds❋
- Helen @ My Novel Opinion
- Amanda @ Amanda’s Nose in a Book