Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Bookish & Blogging Resolutions For 2016
Happy 2016 everyone! I cannot believe 2015 is over but I am not sorry in the least to have it in the rear-view mirror finally. It wasn’t the best year for me and my reading and blogging definitely suffered.
I am glad to put the past behind me though and I am excited for what 2016 may bring! Without any further ado, here are my bookish/blogging resolutions:
1. Read more of my OWN books. I have so many books I haven’t read it’s actually bordering on the downright ridiculous.
2. Request less review books. I love getting ARCs but I really cannot keep up with them and I feel it is a waste for me to get them when they could be going to someone who can read the book and get their review up on time.
3. Try to have more fun with blogging again. I had so much fun when I first started my blog. I want to get that fun back again.
4. Be more active on social media. Again, this is something I really want to work on. I love discussing books with my fellow readers. I seem to have really gotten out of touch again and I don’t like it much.
5. Actually complete my reading challenges this year. I have been more selective with the ones I want to take part in so fingers crossed that I do better this year!
6. Finally finish bringing my review indexes up-to-date. It’s been nearly a year since I went self-hosted and I still haven’t got caught up with indexing my past reviews (using the awesome UBB plugin).
7. Comment more on other blogs. I follow a lot of blogs and lap up their content but I very rarely comment. I want to change this up in 2016.
8. Stop stressing about views/numbers etc. I am not a big blogger by any stretch and I am more than okay with that yet I still worry too much about stats.
9. Get more creative again. I used to love creating graphics but I have become a bit more boring lately. I want to get the creative juices flowing again (ew, nice imagery there Brin!)
10. Re-read some of my favourite books again. I miss re-reading. Ever since I started blogging I have almost completely stopped re-reading books in order to keep up with new releases. This has to change!! 😉