Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Tuesday: Rewind
This week’s post is to pick a topic that you have missed in the past (or one you just really want to revisit). These open choices usually leave me all kinds of jittery (I just can’t ever seem to make a decision) but for once the topic just seemed to jump out at me. Today I bring you…
my Top Ten Favourite Book Characters!!
1. The Fool from Robin Hobb’s The Realm of the Elderlings series: Ah The Fool. Perhaps my most favourite character of all. I love his quick wit and evasive nature. He is a enigma shrouded in an extra layer of mystery. I love how complex he (or she – we don’t exactly have an answer on that tricksy gender issue as yet!) is and his enduring friendship with Fitz is just my favourite relationship ever (they are my OTP).
2. Sorcha from Juliet Marillier’s Sevenwaters series: Sorcha is such a brave character. I love her dedication to her family and her relationship with Red is squee-worthy.
3. Shahrzad from The Wrath and the Dawn duology by Renee Ahdieh: Shazi is an absolute badass. I enjoy reading books with strong female characters and Shazi certainly ticks all the boxes.
4. Mildmay Foxe from Sarah Monette’s Doctrine of Labyrinths series: I have so much love for this series and I adore Mildmay with all of my heart. He is just such a sweetie even though his past as a deadly assassin would make you think otherwise.
5. Ronan Lynch from Maggie Stiefvater’s The Raven Cycle series: I never thought my heart would turn away from Gansey (I still love you Dick!) but Ronan Lynch, the bad boy with the heart of gold, completely stole my heart away in the last book of the series. I am such a huge Pynch fan too.
6. Kate Daniels from Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series: Kate is awesome. She kicks ass but is absolutely adorably vulnerable too. One of my favourite heroines ever.
7. Quintana from Melina Marchetta’s Lumatere Chronicles series: I just adore Quintana so much. She is just an endearing ball of crazy and the standout of the series for me.
8. Magnus from Morgan Rhodes’ Falling Kingdoms series: Another bad boy with a (secret) heart of gold. I liked him from the very start but now he is starting to show a softer side I love him even more.
9. Jos Musey from Karin Lowachee’s Warchild series: My poor, broken boy! Jos is a character who makes my heart ache. He has gone through so much and has shut himself off from so much of life. I would totally give him a big ‘ole hug but he would probably stab me for it. I will just have to love him from a (safe) distance. 😉
10. Phèdre nó Delaunay de Montrève from Jacqueline Carey’s Kushiel’s Universe series: Phèdre is the type of character who proves that being submissive isn’t being weak. Her strengths lie in the arts of seduction and intrigue. She is a strong character in her own right and I just love her.