2015 TBR Pile Challenge – sign up!
My TBR pile is out of control (seriously, my Goodreads shelf shows I have well over 1000 books sitting unread – both physical books and ebooks). Yikes!! I really need to start reading some of the books I own and stop buying so many new books (but that is a whole separate issue that I will not go into here).
I was really bad at completing challenges last year (really, really bad!) and I also really struggled to keep up with writing reviews in the latter half of the year. I thought it might be a good idea to combine the three aspects of my reading/blogging life that are giving me a headache and try to actually have some fun with it! I stumbled across the 2015 TBR Pile Challenge hosted by Roof Beam Reader and I knew that I had to take part!
The Goal of this challenge is to finally read 12 books from your “to be read” pile (within 12 months)
There are some criteria which must be met:
- Each of these 12 books must have been on your bookshelf or “To Be Read” list for at least one full year. No 2014 releases – anything prior to and including 2013 is acceptable as long as it has been on your TBR pile. You can also select 2 alternates in case you have a book you cannot get through.
- You need to sign up with Mr Linky (link: here) with your created list and add any updated links to each book’s review. Books must be read and they must be reviewed (it doesn’t have to be too fancy) in order to count as completed.
- The link you post to Mr Linky must be your “master list”. This is where you will keep track of your books completed, crossing them out and/or dating them as you go along, and updating the list with the links to each review (so there’s one easy, convenient way to find your list and all your reviews for the challenge). This must be posted by January 15th, 2015.
- Leave comments on this post as you go along, to update us on your status. Come back to the post if/when you complete this challenge and leave a comment indicating that you CONQUERED YOUR 2015 TBR LIST! Every person who successfully reads his/her 12 books and/or alternates (and who provides a working link to their list, which has links to the review locations) will be entered to win a $50 gift card from Amazon.com or The Book Depository!
- Crossovers from other challenges are totally acceptable, as long as you have never read the book before and it was published before 2014!
- You can read the books on your list in any order; they do not need to be read in the order you have them listed.
- As you complete a book – review it, and go back to your original list and turn that title into a link to the review.
- Monthly Check-Ins: On the 15th of each month, there will be a “TBR Pile Check-In.” This will allow participants to link-up their reviews from the past month and get some recognition for their progress.
- Chat: On Twitter, Instagram & Facebook, use #TBR2015RBR.
Here is my list:
- The Thief by Megan Whalen Turner (published 1996) – on my shelf since December 2012
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green (published 2012) – on my shelf since February 2013
- A Matter of Days by Amber Kizer (published 2013) – on my shelf since June 2013
- Another Little Piece by Kate Karyus Quinn (published 2013) – on my shelf since June 2013
- Siege and Storm by Leigh Bardugo (published 2013) – on my shelf since June 2013
- How to Save a Life by Sara Zarr (published 2012) – on my shelf since June 2013
- Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas (published 2012) – on my shelf since August 2012
- The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson (published 2011) – on my shelf since July 2013
- All Our Yesterdays by Cristin Terrill (published 2013) – on my shelf since August 2013
- Bitter Greens by Kate Forsyth (published 2012) – on my shelf since August 2013
- Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor (published 2011) – on my shelf since August 2013
- Princess of the Midnight Ball by Jessica Day George (published 2009) – on my shelf since September 2013
My 2 alternates:
- The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (published 2011) – on my shelf since March 2013
- I’ll Be There by Holly Godlberg Sloan (published 2011) – on my shelf since May 2013
This should be fun!
bye for now!