Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Things On My Bookish Bucket List
Ah, bucket lists… love ’em or hate ’em, most people have ’em though (maybe?) There are always things I would like to do or see and I definitely have some bookish goals as well!
My Bookish Bucket List:
1. Read War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy – I have started and stopped this book several times. One day I really need to read the full thing.
2. Read every Jane Austen novel – I have read a few (Pride and Prejudice, Emma, Sense and Sensibility etc) but I have not read them all. I would particularly like to read Persuasion since I have loved every adaptation I have seen so far.
3. Attend BEA (Book Expo America) – I would really love to go one year but since I live in Britain the chances of it happening are pretty slim!
4. Buy a bookish item of jewellery – I saw some really pretty pieces of jewellery on Etsy that I would really like to order.
5. Have my own personal library – I would love to have a room fully dedicated to my books!
6. Find out the true gender of the Fool from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series – I am of the personal opinion that the ambiguously gendered Fool is actually male but would love to find out for sure.
7. Have a discussion with some of my favourite authors one-on-one – I would love to meet my favourite authors! Top of my list would be Robin Hobb, Juliet Mariller, Richelle Mead, George R. R. Martin or Stephen King – to name just a few!
8. Get more signed books – I actually only have one signed book but would love to have more (preferably through meeting the authors at book-signings)!
9. Host a book club – This seems pretty unlikely since I know very few readers in real life. 🙁
10. Complete The Rory Gilmore Reading Challenge – A mighty challenge but it looks pretty fun! I have only read 32 on the list so have a while to go yet!
For more information go to these links here and here.
I bought a book a few years ago that has every Jane Austen book in it. Persuasion is one of my all-time favorites. I also really loved Northanger Abbey.
I really need to read both of them. Getting there lol. 😉
I love Juliet Marillier, that woman is a genius! Wonderful list, I also included the Beauty and the Beast library in mine.
Check it my list here.
Juliet Marillier is one of my all-time favourites – I just love her books!!
Hee – think every book lover would love a Beauty and the Beast-style library! 😀
Great list – I am a bit enamoured with Gansey myself. 😉
Hosting a book club & having a personal library is also on my list! What girl doesn’t dream of having Belle’s library?! 🙂
It would be amazing!! 😉
Your bucket list is great – I would love to get round to reading every book I own but I buy way too many new books to ever be able to do that unfortunately. I can’t believe I forgot to add J.K. Rowling to my list of authors I would love to meet!
Congratulations on getting your story published too. 😀
I read all the Jane Austens one summer back to back because they were free on kindle. Unfortunately they blurred together a bit…. I think Pride and Prejudice was my favorite 🙂
Pride and Prejudice is my favourite Austen book too (mind you I’ve only read 3!!) 😉