Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome meme previously hosted by the lovely folks @ The Broke and the Bookish and now hosted by Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl
Funny Book Titles
I admit, it was really difficult trying to think of funny book titles (except for one of the ones listed below) so I took to trusty Goodreads to see if I could scrounge together enough titles for this week’s TTT post! Here is what I came up with:
1. I Am the Cheese by Robert Cormier
I haven’t read this book (which apparently has a movie adaptation as well?) but the title has always struck me as funny!
2. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging by Louise Rennison
Again, another book with a movie adaptation, this title definitely tickles my funny-bone (from all accounts it’s a pretty tame book but the cover does tend to conjure up certain images haha!)
3. The Quiche of Death by M.C. Beaton
The author is familiar-sounding to me but I hadn’t actually heard of this book before today. The title is a corker though! 😀
4. I Could Pee on This by Francesco Marciuliano
C’mon, I had to include this (look at the cute kitty on the cover!) The title is very funny and it definitely drew my attention right away!
5. So Long and Thanks for all the Fish by Douglas Adams
All of the titles of this series are pretty chuckle-worthy but this one takes the cake for how random and awesome it is… 😉
6. Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheet by Philip K. Dick
I really want to know the answer to this question haha! I love how silly this title is (when you consider the fact that the novel does have a lot of serious themes).
7. The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of her Own Making by Catherynne M. Valente
This was the title that immediately sprung to mind when I saw this week’s topic – it’s a doozy isn’t it?
8. How to Flirt With a Half Naked Werewolf by Molly Harper
This title says it all really, I think you know what you are getting with this one (the book looks really funny – I’ll need to check this one out for sure!)
9. Bunnicula by Deborah and James Howe
I have been so curious about this book for years – I somehow managed to miss it when I was younger. The title makes me laugh a lot.
10. How I Killed Pluto and Why it Had it Coming by Mike Brown
Putting aside the issue here (I still think of Pluto as a planet dammit!) this title is really giggle inducing! I actually snorted when I came across it (not an attractive sound but eh…) 😛
Leave a Reply