Monthly Round-Up – April 2014
April hasn’t been a great month for me. My mum’s cancer is spreading and the doctor’s told us about a week and a half ago she will likely only have a few weeks left. I haven’t been able to focus a lot on my reading this month (not surprising really, given the circumstances) but blogging has really helped to take my mind off things.
I have been taking part in the LGBT Month event (hosted by Laura @ Laura Plus Books and Cayce @ Fighting Dreamer). This event ran for the entire month of April and was a lot of fun. I am sad that it is over but hopefully I will be able to take part again next year. Most of the reading I have done has been for this event so a big focus on LGBT books this month.
Books I read this month:
Taboo for You by Anyta Sunday (4/5 stars)
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer (5/5 stars)
Fool’s Assassin (ARC) by Robin Hobb (5/5 stars)
Us Three by Mia Kerick (5/5 stars)
Falling from the Sky by Nikki Godwin (4/5 stars)
How to Repair a Mechanical Heart by J. C. Lillis (5/5 stars)
Andy Squared by Jennifer Lavoie (3.5/5 stars)
Books I reviewed this month:
Social Skills by Sara Alva
Top Book of the Month:
Top Cover of the Month:
I was nominated for 3 Liebster Blog Awards again this month! Brigit @ Escape Inside the Pages, booknerdie, and littleonion @ littleonionwrites all put my blog forward for nomination. I haven’t had any time to answer any of the questions from these bloggers, and don’t think I will have time given what is going on in my personal life, but I just wanted to say a big thank you. Although I will not be taking part I do really appeciate being nominated and I really love all of your blogs.
Eh…moving swiftly on. Yes – that bad!!
LGBT Month posts:
See below for my posts!
Click on above for link to LGBT Month schedule to find some really great posts and content from across the blogosphere!
Books I cannot wait for:
On the Blog:
- [1 Apr] Top Ten “Gateway” Books/Authors
- [2 Apr] Waiting on Wednesday: Gathering Darkness
- [2 Apr] WWW Wednesdays: Week 8
- [2 Apr] Which Frozen character are you?
- [4 Apr] The Friday 56: Happy Endings Are All Alike
- [5 Apr] Stacking the Shelves #10
- [5 Apr] My LGBT TBR List
- [6 Apr] LGBT Favourites: Part 1
- [7 Apr] Social Skills by Sara Alva ★★★★
- [8 Apr] Top Ten Most Unique / Unusual Books I’ve Read
- [9 Apr] Waiting on Wednesday: Unmade
- [9 Apr] WWW Wednesdays: Week 9
- [10 Apr] LGBT books I can’t wait to buy
- [11 Apr] The Friday 56: Fool’s Assassin
- [11 Apr] Stacking the Shelves #11
- [12 Apr] LGBT Challenge: I Attempt Being Creative…
- [13 Apr] Favourite LGBT Couples
- [15 Apr] Top Ten Bookish Things…I MUST have!
- [15 Apr] LGBT in the UK…
- [16 Apr] Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Metropolis
- [16 Apr] WWW Wednesdays: Week 10
- [16 Apr] LGBT books I have bought this week…
- [17 Apr] LGBT Challenge – Poetry
- [18 Apr] The Friday 56: Suicide Watch
- [18 Apr] LGBT Favourites: Part 2
- [19 Apr] Stacking the Shelves #12
- [20 Apr] Look at the shiny…favourite LGBT covers
- [22 Apr] Top Ten Characters who I’d like to send to the Bog of Eternal Stench
- [23 Apr] Waiting on Wednesday: I’ll Give You the Sun
- [23 Apr] WWW Wednesdays: Week 11
- [23 Apr] Which Female Superhero are you?
- [24 Apr] Quotes I Like: Oscar Wilde
- [25 Apr] Must-See LGBT Movies
- [26 Apr] Stacking the Shelves #13
- [27 Apr] LGBT YA Book Covers: Then and Now…
- [29 Apr] Top Ten Books To Read If You Like These TV Shows
- [30 Apr] LGBT Favourites: Part 3
- [30 Apr] Waiting on Wednesday: Blue Lily, Lily Blue
- [30 Apr] WWW Wednesdays: Week 12
Well, that’s my wrap-up for April. What about you guys? What were your favorite books this month? Favourite posts? Favourite articles? Other fun stuff you have done? What did you get up to in the month of April?