what’s the buzz: weekly round-up and book haul
This week has been a bit mixed, if I’m being honest. I got some great deals on eBay and had fun catching up with a lot of programs I’ve been meaning to catch up with but also had some downs as well.
I’ve been waiting ages for Any Way the Wind Blows to go up on Waterstones (since I figured they would again be doing a special edition). I have literally been stalking their store and checking everyday on Rainbow Rowell’s Twitter for updates. The one day I forget they go up and I missed getting a signed copy!! I’m gutted and don’t have anyone to blame but myself. Still, rotten, bloody luck!! I did snag a special edition but I really wanted a signed copy to match my Wayward Son… 😭😭😭
I finished watching The Boys (both seasons) and loved it! Such an anti-superhero series haha! I’ve also been watching The Falcon and the Winter Soldier every week and I am absolutely living for it! Bucky is my favourite MCU character (along with Loki) and I adore Sam as well so it has been a blast getting a series dedicated to them as they were always relegated to supporting even in the Captain America films. I also love Daniel Brühl and his Zemo has been a delight too!
I have also been watching Love, Victor and it has been a joy – such a sweet, little series! I was a big fan of the book Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli and the subsequent film Love, Simon and happy to report the spin-off series is just as good. 🥰
- WandaVision Funko Pop from Menkind: Yay, that’s me got all the wave one WandaVision pops! This one was really hard to track down but I got the last one from this site.
- Manon book sleeve from Book Besties UK: This sleeve is everything! I love the artwork from @adamar.art!
- Vintage console and Avengers keyrings from Forbidden Planet: These are just too cute – need to collect the rest!!
- WangXian pin from AliExpress: This is a lot tinier than I was expecting but it’s super cute so… 😉
- Pre-order swag for Red Tigress by Amelie Wen Zhao: I love the art by @phantomrin – I recognised their art style right away!!
On the Blog:
- [6 Apr] Books I’d Gladly Throw Into the Ocean
- [7 Apr] Mismatched Titles
- [11 Apr] Stacking the Shelves #215