Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Books I Will Probably Never Read
Okay, I don’t like writing books altogether – it’s just not what I’m about. However, saying that there are some books I am unlikely to ever read for various reasons as detailed below:
1. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L. James: just not my thing – at all.
2. Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire: I have seen so many negative reviews for this. I normally don’t go by what others say but the main relationship in the book sounds like it will really rub me the wrong way.
3. Tampa by Alissa Nutting: the plot of this book just squicks me out.
4. Moby Dick by Herman Melville: I just always think about the movie Heathers for some reason when I see this book.
5. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert: just really do not fancy this. No particular reason why.
6. House of the Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast: I actually bought the first two books on a whim because I thought the covers were pretty – that was a mistake.
7. No One Else Can Have You by Kathleen Hale: yeah… big nope… I really don’t want to get stalked.
8. Lolita by Vladimir Nabakov: another squicky subject. I saw some of the film – and that was enough to put me off for life.
9. Enders Game by Orson Scott Card: I am really not a fan of the author’s views/beliefs – lets just leave it there.
10. Taking Chances – Molly McAdams: really, really not a fan of cheating in books and this one in particular looks like it is the type to really make me rage.