Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Characters Who Could Use A Hug
I wracked my brain trying to come up with this week’s topic. It was hard dammit!! I like the structure of being told what to write lol. 😉 Anyway, here is what I cam up with!
1. Mildmay and Felix from Sarah Monette’s Doctrine of Labyrinths series: these two are probably among the most messed up, broken characters in literature ever! They could both use some cuddle time.
2. The Fool from Robin Hobb’s Realm of the Elderlings series: no one hits me in the feels as much as The Fool does; poor dude is put through the wringer in every. single. book.
3. Jos and Evan from Karin Lowachee’s Warchild series: alright, I clearly like my broken boys. Both of these characters go through so much trauma, its amazing that they aren’t even more messed up.
4. Rorschach from Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen: I know, I know, don’t judge me!
5. Magnus from Morgan Rhodes’ Falling Kingdoms series: Magnus is the very definition of a sad, brooding, emo boy – but I can’t help but want to give him a really big hug.
6. Ellie from Karina Halle’s Artists Trilogy: I super relate to Ellie even though at times I don’t like her very much. Girl needs a hug stat!
7. Noah from Maggie Stiefvater’s Raven Cycle series: aww Noah is such a woobie, it’s unreal.
8. Nastya and Josh from Katja Millay’s The Sea of Tranquility: these characters just go through so much… they definitely need some love.
9. Alexi and Bodee from Courtney C. Stevens’ Faking Normal: Alexi and Bodee go through so much but at least they ultimately have each other to get themselves through the worst. still, a hug wouldn’t go amiss!
10. Chelsea from Hannah Harrington’s Speechless: poor Chelsea unwittingly sets of a horrific chain of events but I cannot help but feel for her – she realizes the error of her ways and does her best to atone.