what’s the buzz: weekly round-up and book haul
Wow, that was a quick couple of weeks! I haven’t been up to much at all lately, another national lockdown has kept me mostly indoors for the most part. I really need to get more active again, even if it is just for a walk. I feel that since last March my level of fitness has gone down dramatically and I don’t like it at all.
In the meantime though, I’ve spent most of my time reading and gaming (and looking for things to buy online!) Hey, it’s been pretty miserable weather-wise between snow and storms and rain so I feel justified in that decision! 😛
Anyway, I finally finished playing Cyberpunk 2077. I enjoyed it, though I do get some of the criticisms – it is pretty buggy but it didn’t stop me from playing luckily (no game-breaking bugs, for me at least).
I was also surprised with a brand new Xbox Series X from my other half! He had ordered it for me when it briefly came back in stock online. So, I’m all set for playing the Mass Effect Legendary Edition when it hits the shelves in May (I think it’s May anyway – should really check that…)
- Red, White & Royal Blue and Throne of Glass prints from A Touch of Magic Designs: I am loving these prints! It’s not often you get any merch for RW&RB and I have admired this art from Faerie Reverie for a long time…
- Cyberpunk 2077 Funko Pops: These were a part of my Valentine’s Day gift from my other half (he spoils me and knows me so well!) I love the card he picked out too – it’s made from bamboo!!
- Book sleeves from Book Besties UK: I am living for all of these gorgeous sleeves! I love Dominique Wesson and Dark and Beautiful Art so I couldn’t resist these art sleeves. I also just had to get the Edgar Allan Poe, Superhero, and Disney sleeves!
- MDZS / The Untamed pins from Barne Bucky (plus lots of art freebies!): I was so happy to receive these stunning pins this week – I just can’t stop staring at them (with hearts in my eyes!) 😍
- MDZS prints and TGCF keychain from Gomi Sando, MDZS / TGCF pins from Billacookie: I adore all of these MXTX merch items so much! The pins are super-adorable and the prints are so pretty.
- Final Fantasy 15 pins (Chocobros!) from Fiveonthe and Final Fantasy 7 pin (Reno!) from And Vengeance For All: These are so stunning! I am in love with them all… 😍
- Mass Effect pins and Ghost Butterfly pin from Sartizan, Wang Yibo pin from Esser18, and Persona 5 charm from Sparkiiro: Such glorious merch from a few of my favourite fandoms!
On the blog:
A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas | The Project by Courtney Summers | Lore by Alexandra Bracken
Kiss of Death by Peter Beere | The Accident by Diane Hoh | 13 Tales of Horror by T. Pines | The Amulet by Zoe Daniels | The Silver Kiss by Annette Curtis Klause
A Summer in Paris by Cynthia Blair | Whatever Happened to Janie? by Caroline B. Cooney | Crossing Over by Jesse Maguire | The Last Good-Bye by Marilyn Levy | Impossible Love by Patricia Aks
So Much to Tell You by John Marsden | Don’t Rent My Room by Judie Angell | Just a Summer Romance by Ann M. Martin | Life Without Friends by Ellen Emerson White | Handsome as Anything by Merrill Joan Gerber
Love by Any Other Name by June Foley | Come Alive at 5:05 by Robin E. Brancato | Rivals by Nancy J. Hopper | Secret Selves by Judie Angell | Where Has Deedie Wooster Been All These Years? by Anita Jacobs
Project: Makeover by Cindy Savage | Missing Pieces by Norma Fox Mazer | Miss P. and Me by Florence McNeil | The Love Charm by Candice F. Ransom | No More Candy by Patricia Aks
Trust in Love by Shan Finney | The Boy She Left Behind by Suzanne Rand | Hearts Don’t Lie by Terri Fields | Kiss Me, Stupid by Alison Creaghan | The Last Great Summer by Carol Stanley
Promises Broken by Francine Pascal | Forever and Always by Francine Pascal | A New Promise by Francine Pascal | Loving by Francine Pascal | Love Lost by Francine Pascal
The Gravity of Us by Phil Stamper | Wonderstruck by Allie Therin | Saffron Alley by A.J. Demas | Goal Lines by Eden Finley & Saxon James | Not Quite Out by Louise Willingham
Winter Wishes by Karina Halle | Disavow by Karina Halle | Jem & Tean: Guys Gone Wild by Gregory Ashe | Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah | Elf Defence by Lisa Henry & Sarah Honey
Snake Inside by Lisa Tuttle | Heart of the Dragon by Jamie Sullivan | Just Like That by Clara W. Barrow | The Two Lives of Lydia Bird by Josie Silver | This Time Next Year by Sophie Cousens
Grayson’s Mate by Tamsin Baker | Aaron’s Mate by Tamsin Baker | Brad’s Mate by Tamsin Baker | Wings of Fury by Emily R. King | Found at Sea by Jaclyn Osborn
With Good Intentions by Sionnach Wintergreen | The Holeshot by Lynn Michaels | City Boy by A.E. Wasp | Who’s the Daddy? by Lauren Gallagher | The Fall by May Archer
The Rebound by Zach Jenkins | Just a Name by Becky Monson | Everywhere With You by Clara W. Barrow | Truth or Beard by Penny Reid | Bring on Forever by Halsey Harlow
Future Fake Husband by Kate Hawthorne & F.M. Denning | You’re the One by Layla Hagen | After the Climb by Kristen Ashley | The Road Between by Patrick Benjamin | Irrelevant by Sarah Addison-Fox
Lightspeed by Nalo Hopkinson | The Gentleman Attraction by Connor Peterson | The Essence of Your Love by BeyondLove Fiction | Stealing Home by Tara Wyatt | Way Off Plan by Alexa Land
Under the Sea by Josephine Dillon | Beyond the Blue Vol 2 Part 1 by Josephine Dillon | Beyond the Blue Vol 2 Part 2 by Josephine Dillon | Black and Blue by Josephine Dillon | Into the Blue by Josephine Dillon
Back to Blue by Josephine Dillon | True Blue by Josephine Dillon | Blue Heaven by Josephine Dillon | Blue Flame by Josephine Dillon | My Whole World by Davidson King
received for review
Mercurial by Naomi Hughes | Mexican Gothic by Silvia Moreno-Garcia | Tell Me When You Feel Something by Vicki Grant | Dirt Circus League by Maree Kimberley | Dawn’s Light by Shannon Blair