Stacking the Shelves – a weekly meme hosted by Tynga’s Reviews & Reading Reality
what’s the buzz: weekly round-up and book haul
It’s been a super-quick week (probably because I was having a little ‘staycation’ to myself!) and before I knew it, it’s now Sunday and I’m facing the prospect of being back at work tomorrow! Ah well, never mind, I was able to chill out for a while and although I didn’t get nearly anything I’d planned to do done, it still was good to have a small break to recharge the batteries. 😉
I’ve been able to catch up on my reading this week. I zoomed through all the books in the Oliver and Jack series and kicked myself for not having read them sooner! It’s also kinda made me want to watch Oliver! again (one of the few non-Disney musicals I loved growing up). I can’t have been the only person to crush on the Artful Dodger, can I? (when I was little, that is…)
I’m definitely going to have to rake out my DVD copy of the film (can’t seem to find it on streaming platforms like Netflix or Amazon Prime – boo!) 😛
I also was able to spend some of my time gaming – I don’t think I’ll ever get sick and tired of playing the Dragon Age games but I also played a little bit of Skyrim just to mix it up a little bit! Good times (well, before I took an arrow to the knee anyways…) 😗 🤣
I also got some awesome merch as well as bookish goodies so all in all, not a bad week!
- Prints and magnet from A Touch of Magic Designs: I’ve been wanting to buy a few prints from this shop for some time now and when i saw this stunning Jude and Cardan print and my boy Lucien I knew I had to get them. I also couldn’t resist the Rowan magnet! 😉
- Cemetary Boys woodmark and pin from Illumicrate, pre-order swag from the author/publisher: I am so looking forward to reading this book and am over the moon with all the cool swag!
- Lay Yibo Jackson print from Caitlin Artwork Store, Wedding Wangxian pin from Fat Cat Pins, MDZS pins from eBay/AliExpress: I am loving the print and the cool pins (even if the second one went for a little wander round the world before it got to me – long story…)
- Book sleeves from Book Besties UK: Queen! Nightmare Before Christmas! Sleeping Beauty! ‘Nuff said.
- 2HA acrylic stands from AliExpress: These are super-cute – I’ve got my eye on a few more…
- Book sleeves from Book Besties UK: I love my Disney sleeves so these were a must-have!
- Cloud and Zack keychain, Honey Bee Inn Cloud keychain from Ginger Pins Shop: I love my FF7 merch just as much as my MDZS merch!
- Book sleeves from Book Besties UK: Even more Disney sleeves (I have a haording problem, clearly…) 😉
On the blog:
- [20 Oct] Books I Read Because of Word of Mouth
- [23 Oct] Fagin's Boy by Christina E. Pilz ★★★★★
- [25 Oct] Stacking the Shelves #204
The God Eaters by Jesse Hajicek | The Lives of Saints by Leigh Bardugo | Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas | Finn’s Folly by Ivan Southall
The Making of Jonty Bloom by Barbara Elsborg | A Long Way Back by Barbara Elsborg | The Girl in the Love Song by Emma Scott | When You Come Back to Me by Emma Scott | Stray Fears by Gregory Ashe | The Edge of Heaven by E. M. Lindsey
Vespertine by Leta Blake & Indra Vaughn | Delia’s Christmas by Christine E. Pilz | A Beautiful Poison by Lydia Kang | The Weight of Lies by Emily Carpenter | There’s Someone Inside Your House by Stephanie Perkins | Beyond the Sea by L.H. Cosway
The One He Waited For by Frank W. Butterfield | Their Own Hidden Island by Frank W. Butterfield | Chasing Eddie by Frank W. Butterfield | Sunshine & Shadows by K.C. Wells | Temptation by Design by Andrea Dalling | Touching Stars by Cody Ryder
On a Bus in Madrid by Adam Harbour-West | Love Him Free by E.M. Lindsey | A Love Song for Liars by Piper Lawson | The Bodyguard Book 3 by X. Aratare | Lessons in Desire by Charlie Cochrane | George by Anna Pope
received for review
The Lost King by Frazier Alexander | Crowned a Traitor by Kate Callaghan | The Last Tiara by M.J. Rose | The Cold Vanish by Jon Billman | Talon the Black by Melissa Mitchell | Revenge of the Sluts by Natalie Walton
Leave a Reply