Wow – Storm was an absolutely incredible read! I was blown away by how much I enjoyed this book! Storm focuses on two characters: Becca Chandler and Chris Merrick (and is narrated in dual, third-person POV).
Here are the best bits:
- Becca is a strong female character (yay!) that has plenty of flaws that make her incredibly realistic.
- Chris is very different to most of his classmates. He is an Elemental and can control the element of water.
- The Merrick brothers: twins Gabriel (who can control fire) and Nick (who is an air elemental). Michael (the eldest brother whose elemental ability allows him to control earth) is the eldest and the rest of the boys legal guardian after the death of their parents.
- Hunter was also an interesting character. Very mysterious and edgy – I would really like to get to know him a bit better.
- The paranormal element to the story was also refreshingly different. Elemental powers are fascinating to me and I really loved how Brigid Kemmerer developed the story-line. The plot was intricate and tight – events that seem insignificant later play a big part and the pacing was just about perfect.
the worst bits:
- I wasn’t a fan of Quinn (Becca’s best friend) girl seemed a little self-absorbed and needy).
- The love-triangle: Becca gets caught up in a love triangle with Chris and the new boy Hunter and is unsure about who she wants to be with.
- Chris really didn’t get as nearly as much development as Becca. I liked him ok but I never really felt that I learned much about him except that he feels like the odd one out with his brothers
- The ending was a little abrupt.
A really great story with some pretty intriguing characters – I think I am going to like this series a lot!