Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Top Ten Goals/Resolutions For 2015
— bookish, blogging or otherwise!
Wow, I am notoriously bad for never keeping my New Year Resolutions but that does not mean that I do not make them every. single. year. Got to make them to break them, right? 😉
My Resolutions for 2015:
1. Improve my ARC ratio on Netgalley/Edelweiss – this is my top priority!
2. Review more books – I have really lagged behind on this in the latter half of 2014. I am not going to this happen again in 2015!
3. Write more original content on my blog – discussion posts have become my favourite thing to do but need to keep this up!
4. Comment more on other blogs – I do visit other blogs every day but I definitely need to get down with the comment love!
5. Become a bit more social media savvy – I am starting to get the hang of twitter but there is a lot more I need to learn about networking.
6. Stop buying so many new books and actually read some of the ones that are cluttering my shelves – this is a must because I am seriously running out of room!
7. Make my blog look more unique – I have been mucking around with my design and I think I have finally (FINALLY!!) come up with a design and colour scheme that I really like. I would now like to make everything look a bit more tied together. I love playing about with graphics (though I am far from being an expert!) and I would like to do more of this in 2015.
8. Read more diverse books – I had a bit of a tendency to stick to my comfort zone in 2014 but I would really like to branch out a bit more in 2015. I think I got stuck in a rut and I do not want that to happen again.
9. Complete my set challenges – I was so bad at this in 2014 – never again lol. 😛
10. Go self hosted – not sure if I will get to this in 2015 or not but it is definitely something I have been pondering a lot lately.
bye for now!
Good luck with your resolutions! I always break the personal ones I make too, so hopefully I’ll keep my bookish ones!
Thanks! I find it impossible to keep personal resolutions too! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that I manage at least half of the above lol. 😉
I have been thinking about the self-hosted thing too, I should really look into that more!
Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings
Enter my blog birthday giveaway!
Yeah, I’m not sure if I am ready to make that step just yet but it is a good thing to keep in mind I think. 🙂
Number six is on my list too. I’ve made a deal with myself that I won’t buy any more books until I’ve read at least a shelf on my TBR. Good luck with your goals!
I am so bad – just after posting this yesterday I started looking at books that were on sale lol. But I never bought anything which is at least something!!
I like your list! I totally agree with number 5 on your general goals – I definitely need to stop stressing myself out. 🙂
Good luck with your resolutions.
Good job not buying any! 🙂
Thanks! Same to you.
Writing unique content is something I think I’ll be struggling with for a long time! The pain is real. We should brainstorm together aha.
joey via. thoughts and afterthoughts
It really is a struggle. Even when I come up with things (which to be fair, is quite often) it very rarely comes to anything lol. I am really bad on following things through.
We definitely should! 😉 Good luck on your goals!!
Love your goals. They are realistic. Cant wait to read what you post in this up coming year. 🙂 and good luck!
Thanks! I tried to keep my list achievable lol. Hope you have a great New Year!! 🙂
Thank you. You as well
Wishing you the best on all your goals! They are great goals!
Here’s mine if you would like too see it! http://wonderstruck-kcks.blogspot.com/2014/12/top-ten-goalsresolutions-for-2015.html
Thanks! Same to you. 🙂
I completely agree with your number 5 goal – I have changed my design so many times in the past year!!
Same here. I’m hoping to keep the one I have not. 😀
Awesome list! I also want to finish my reading challenges since I’m just terrible at it! Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday!
Thanks! I really like your list too! Lol – Reading challenges were the bane of my life this year. I’m definitely going to keep on top of them in 2015! 🙂
I want to improve my ARC ratio on netgalley too! 😀
Mine is so bad lol. It’s definitely a good goal to have – hope we can both get on top of it in 2015!! 😀
Yea me too! 😛
Both my Husband and I have piles of books we need to read, yet we keep buying more! I also keep downloading books to my kindle that I have not yet read yet as well. We were just saying the other night we need to stop buying books until we have read all that we own. Have a Happy New Year!
I think the more books you have – the more you want to have! lol. It’s like a sickness. 😉
Have a great New Year and good luck tackling your TBR pile!!
I had to do number 6 a year or two back. The situation was getting ridiculous. I’m still catching up. Seriously.
Good luck with your resolutions. And happy New Year. 🙂
Heh – I think I will always be in permanent catch-up!! 😀
Happy New Year and I hope your TBR pile is conquered in 2015!!