what’s the buzz: weekly round-up and book haul
This week (and weekend in particular) has zoomed by; I can’t believe how quickly it has gone! I’ve not been doing anything exciting (because there is very little one can do right now) but I have entertained myself by replaying Knight of the Old Republic (my first-ever BioWare game!) I had almost forgotten just how great a game it is…
I’ve also been adding to my book collection (both vintage and new books) but have not been having a huge amount of luck (keep getting outbid for Point Horror lots on eBay grrr!) I also didn’t get selected for the past items Illumicrate lottery (sigh – bye bye Poppy War set, I’ll just have to admire you from afar). 🙁
It hasn’t been a total bust though and I did manage to get some awesome merch (with more on the way):
- The Dregs book sleeve from Cozy Fiction: I had my eye on this sleeve a while ago but it sold out and I missed the chance. Luckily, I happened across it when it was restocked and I was able to snag one!
- Triss Merigold (The Witcher) Nendoroid from Gamersheek: My other half surprised me with this on Friday (which cheered me up immensely after being disappointed with various things as mentioned above). That’s me got all of The Witcher Nendoroids now!!
- ACOTAR print from A Touch of Magic Designs: I couldn’t resist this gorgeous print – the artwork is stunning… 😍
- WangXian pin from AliExpress: This pin is super-detailed and pretty! The photo doesn’t do it justice.
- Mystery pin lot from Jeileen Art: I love a wee mystery bundle and was so happy to get so many Final Fantasy pins! I’m so sad that there will be no more pins from this shop but I’m looking forward to seeing what they do next!
On the Blog:
A Court of Silver Flames by Sarah J. Maas | Bone Crier’s Dawn by Kathryn Purdie | The Last House on Needless Street by Catriona Ward
Cheating Heart by Laurie Lykken | Love to Spare by Linda Joy Singleton | Picture Perfect Romance by J.B. Cooper | Backstage Romance by Kelly Kroeger | His and Hers by June O’ Connell | Almost Perfect by Linda Joy Singleton
The Temptation by Wolff Ryp | The Thrill by Wolff Ryp | The Fury by Wolff Ryp | The Love Collection by Robyn Turner
Black Sunshine by Karina Halle | Bound by Blood by Mia West | Tempted by Ruin by Mia West | The Chimera Affair by Keira Andrews | In the Wreckage by Hailey Turner | Knight of Flames by A.K. Faulkner
Say You Love Me by E.R. Whyte | Rising Up by Tanya Ross | Indiscretions by Madelynne Ellis | Scandal by Alison Foster | The Remingtons by Melissa Foster | Wilde Fire by Lucy Lennox
Enchant by Demelza Carlton | Revel by Demelza Carlton | Light Up the Night by Weston Parker | Jack of Thorns by A.K. Faulkner | I’m Fine by Susan Renee | Freedom by E. Davies
Undermined by Ripley Hayes | Fun Love by Poppy Dunne | Blurred Lines by L.A. Cotton | The Rules of Friends with Benefits by Lauren Blakely | Finding Fred by M.J. Birkett | The Kingmaker by Kennedy Ryan
Brody by Mandy Harbin | Jonathan’s Letter by Blake R. Wolfe | Redemption Duet by T.K. Leigh | Chaos at Cullen High by Susannah K. Stone | Wounded Inked by Sky McCoy | Haven by H.L. Swan
received for review
But For the Mountains by Erin Riha | The Queen Will Betray You by Sarah Henning | Theorie of the Storm by Jane Delaney I Am Margaret Moore by Hannah Capin | Within these Wicked Walls by Lauren Blackwood | You’ve Reached Sam by Dustin Thao
Bright Ruined Things by Samantha Cohoe | Kingdom of Shadows and Dust by Sherry D. Ficklin | First Impressions by C. Koehler | Blackout by Marco Carocari | Knife Edge by Kerry Buchanan | The Memory Project by Andrew C. Youngson