Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s theme is:
Ten Books I Plan To Have In My Beach Bag This Summer
Nothing like sitting sunning yourself at the beach with a great book for company! I love the beach – nothing like the sea air to encourage a bit of impromptu/planned reading!
1. Since You’ve Been Gone by Morgan Matson: I really enjoyed Morgan Matson’s Second Chance Summer last year so this book is a must!
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas: Throne of Glass has been on my TBR list for ages – now that I have read A court of Thorns and Roses I must read everything Sarah J. Maas has written thus far!
3. The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh: Only recently purchased but long anticipated – this book is definitely near the top of my TBR list.
4. The Storyspinner by Becky Wallace: This book looks so good – perfect reading for those warm summer days (and nights).
5. Nantucket Blue by Leila Howland: Heard so many good things about this book – I can’t wait to read it!
6. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by Sarah Ockler: I really enjoyed Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler and this book looks like it is going to be just as utterly charming.
7. More Happy than Not by Adam Silvera: I cannot wait for this book to come out – it looks awesome!
8. On the Fence by Kasie West: I have bought nearly all of Kasie West’s books but not read any yet – this one looks like the perfect place to start this summer!
9. End of Days by Susan Ee: It’s finally here!! Must get on this post-haste!! Everything else will be on a back-burner until this is read!
10. An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir: This is already out in the US but us UK folks need to wait until next month – I am still pouting about it!
I’m pouting over An Ember In The Ashes here too – I can’t wait to read it! I’m also keen to read The Wrath and the Dawn, have been hearing such great things about it. I haven’t read ACOTAR yet but I’ve read all the Throne of Glass books and loved them, so I hope you love them too! Great list! Happy reading. x
I really want to read An Ember in the Ashes too – it looks so amazing! ACOTAR is incredible – I really loved it.
I really like your list too – A Darker Shade of Magic is definitely up there at the top my my to-read list. 🙂
This is such a pretty, summery post! I’ve read Embers, Throne, and SYBG and they are excellent beach reads. Hope Embers is worth the wait for you! Happy summer reading 🙂
Thanks! Glad to hear Embers, Throne and SYBG are great – looking forward to them even more now! The Start of Me and You is another book I am really looking forward to reading. Great list!! Hope you enjoy all of your summer reads. 😀
All the hype around An Ember in the Ashes has made me curious. It was the same for the Throne of Glass but that didn’t work out as great as I hoped it would be. I hope you enjoy reading both this summer!
Thanks! Sorry to hear that Throne of Glass was a bust for you – I have heard that the first one isn’t as great but that the rest of the series really picks up from the second book. Hope you enjoy Ember in the Ashes more. 🙂
[…] Top Ten Beach Reads (brinsbookblog.com) […]
Hope you enjoy Throne of Glass. The first one’s a little slow, but keep going because the books get better as the series goes on.
Thanks! I have heard that about Throne of Glass so I will still keep going even if I do not enjoy it as much as I hope. I like your list. Before I Fall is a great read – hope you enjoy it. 🙂
[…] seems pretty similar to My Top Ten Beach Reads, a topic that we covered not too long ago, so I am not going to include any of the books on that […]