Monthly Round-Up – September 2014
September was a very quick month. I was away for a week so didn’t get a lot of time to blog during that time. For some reason, despite the fact that I actually had some time off work, I didn’t really get much reading done at all. The book slump is still going strong it seems, which really sucks. 🙁 I am also massively late with my monthly round-up post – I really need to catch up again in October.
Books I read this month:
| Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson |
One book – one flipping lousy book (actually the book was fantastic but that is beside the point). I really need to get out of this reading slump. I begin books but then I put them down after a few chapters. It is really starting to annoy and frustrate me. I need to get myself out of this soon.
I received two awards in September: The Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award (nominated by I Think I’m Obsessed and Drown in Melancholy), and The One Lovely Blog Award (nominated by A Reading Writer and These Paper Words). Thanks so much to these amazing bloggers for their nominations!
Not strictly blog-related but I also won an invitation to the beta for Dragon Age Keep. Thanks so much to Ability Drain for this – it has been amazing to finally get to see it! All of the recent Dragon Age: Inquisition news has been amazing, especially after waiting for this game for what feels like so long (approx 4 years). I can’t wait until it is finally released on November 21st!
I haven’t really got too much to say for September. I remember hitting a real slump this time last year as well, so it may well be a seasonal thing. No matter, here’s hoping October will be a brighter blogging month!
On the blog
- [3 Sep] Book Characters Sitting At My Lunch Table
- [3 Sep] WWW Wednesdays: Week 25
- [5 Sep] Stacking the Shelves #32
- [6 Sep] Would You Rather: Book Tag
- [10 Sep] Underrated Authors or Books in the Fantasy Genre
- [12 Sep] Holiday to Pitlochry!
- [13 Sep] Stacking the Shelves #33
- [14 Sep] If I Stay: Film Review
- [15 Sep] Top 10 LGBT YA books I have read this year
- [16 Sep] Authors I’ve Only Read One Book From But NEED to Read More
- [17 Sep] Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
- [17 Sep] Waiting on Wednesday: The Darkest Part…
- [18 Sep] One Lovely Blog Award
- [20 Sep] Stacking the Shelves #34
- [20 Sep] Fictional Boyfriends Tag
- [21 Sep] Read Play Blog: #1 to #3
- [23 Sep] Top Ten Books On My Fall To-Be-Read list
- [24 Sep] WWW Wednesdays: Week 26
- [25 Sep] What I Did Today
- [26 Sep] Stacking the Shelves #35
- [29 Sep] Brin’s Book Buzz: October 2014
- [29 Sep] Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award #2
Bye for now!
Hope you get out of the slump this month! Happy October reading!
Thanks! Same to you. <3
Yes, hope this is a better reading month for you, Brin!
Lol – hope so! Hate slumps. 🙁